Oklahoma City — The Latta Panthers defeated Chouteau 65-41 to earn a state championship basketball berth Saturday. The Ada News will be at the championship game and will post results on the web and in Sunday's edition.
- Local News
Ada man arrested in alleged fraud at local church
A 24-year-old Ada man has been arrested on suspicion of trying to pass a fraudulent $400 check from the account of a local Sunday school class.
- Cruising Main Street event scheduled for June 28
- Input sought on Main Street lighting project
- Former Ada firefighter arrested again for allegedly posting more threats
- OSU camp gives students taste of medical school
- Ada man arrested in alleged fraud at local church
- Local Sports
Holly Dennis to wed Casey Farrar on Aug. 3
Exchanging wedding vows Aug. 3, 2013, are Holly Katharyn Dennis, Fittstown, and Casey Montgomery Farrar, Edmond.
- Video Snapshot:Flag Day in Wanette
- Retired educators attend state convention
- David Brown, former lieutenant governor of Chickasaw Nation dies
- Religion Briefs
- Holly Dennis to wed Casey Farrar on Aug. 3
Why would anyone live in Oklahoma?
People who know me often hear songs of praise about my home state of Oklahoma. Being a St. Louis transplant, I’m often asked, “What’s so great about a state with nothing?” Given recent events, the "you must be kidding me" looks and debates I undertake have at least doubled if not tripled. The truth is simple. People choose Oklahoma for reasons beyond the norm.
- Lawn Optimization
- We need leaders who will stand up for Americans
- Pentagon isn't clamping down on religious freedom
- Storms give way to Sooner kindness
- Why would anyone live in Oklahoma?