The Ada City Council authorized the city to acquire more than 4,000 acres of groundwater rights Monday, anticipating the possibility that the state will limit the city’s share of water from the Arbuckle-Simpson Aquifer.
The council voted 5-0 to purchase groundwater rights from the following landowners:
• Beaumont C. and Terri D. Girdley, 381.71 acres of water rights for $111,531.
• James C. and Sandra B. Hill, 70 acres for $21,000.
• Gayler Ranches Limited Partnership, 1,625 acres for $487,500.
• John and Page Gayler, 915 acres for $274,500.
• Steve and Sharon Beratto, 232 acres for $69,600.
• Max and Barbara Skelton, 784 acres for $235,200.
Read more in The Ada News. Call 580-332-4433 to subscribe today!