JUNE 20 , 2012
• The Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Rd., Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-10 p.m. Cost is $6 per person and is open to all ages.
• Ada Toastmasters Speaking Club meets at 6:30 p.m. in Room 311, Pontotoc Technology Center. The event is open to the public. Improving speaking skills will allow an individual to enhance his or her abilities and increase chances for job promotion. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 580-235-3190.
JUNE 22, 2012
• Al Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Lukes Episcopal Church.
• Roff Masonic Lodge 169 and Vanoss Volunteer Fire Department host the 12th annual pie auction at 6:30 p.m. at Vanoss Volunteer Fire Department. Free hamburgers, hot dogs and homemade ice cream will be served. For mroe information or to make a donation, phone Rance Walker at 580-310-4792 or Charles Barnett at 580-399-0061.
• Byng Alumni basketball game is hosted by Byng Excellence in Education Foundation (BEEF) on June 22, at 6:30 p.m. at Kohler Field House, Byng. Pies, cakes, autographed OU sports items, and much more for auction at halftime of girls and boys games. Door prizes! Cost is $5 admission, $3 for students. Alumni wishing to play ball may contact email@example.com. All proceeds benefit student scholarships and teacher grants.
JUNE 23, 2012
A co-ed softball tournament will be held at Mill Creek on June 23. The event is “any bat, any ball with six teams for men and four for women. Entry fee is $115. First and second place awards will be given as well as $50 for the person voted the most valuable player. For information, contact Chad Blue at 580.320.9773.
JUNE 24, 2012
• East Central University offers Drivers Safety Education. Receive discounts and rebates on insurance and feel safer while driving. Classes available for 15 and a half years of age and older. Different class schedules are available. New classes start every month. Reserve a class spot by phoning ECU Continuing Education Department at 580-559-5456 or 580-332-8000.
• Ada’s Summer Community Band conducts its annual concert 3 p.m. Sunday, June 24 in Ataloa Theater in Halli Brown Ford Fine Arts Center on the campus of East Central University. The public is invited and admission is free. Ice cream will be served following the concert.